Tuesday 2 January 2018

New Year - New Game

The postman just brought me a nice box this morning, Dreadball 2, which I backed in the Kickstarter a while ago.  So far all I have done is have a quick look through, but it looks promising.

I played the original Dreadball back when that came out.  Over time, and as the newer teams inevitably overpowered the original teams, I lost interest.  The new edition aims to address the imbalance by starting from scratch.  I don't know how well it has done this as I haven't yet played a game.  Hopefully I'll get some in soon.

The new game has new teams, four in the Kickstarter edition.  Rather than the original 'Restic', these are one piece plastic rather like the Star Saga minis.  The teams are in different coloured plastic as well, making it easy to get a game in straight from the box.  The board is a very nice sturdy bit of card, and I think the hexes on it are a bit larger to stop the pitch becoming too cramped.  The rulebook is a hefty 206 pages and includes rules for (almost) all the previous minis.  Hopefully it will prove at least as popular as the first edition, without the season bloat.

I'll have to dig out some of my old teams, and maybe paint up some of the pile of unpainted DB I have.  A team of twelve or so minis makes for a nice project, and I'm sure there is some crossover potential with DZ for the odd spare mini.

I'll get some pictures up once I've had a better look, if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment