Wednesday 24 January 2018

15mm Progress

A couple of projects to show off today.  Firstly I have completed another 15mm building.  Like the last one its a reduced scale model based on one from Bloodbath at Orc's Drift, and apart from being useful terrain for Kings of War, I hope one day to use it in my Orc's Drift Rampant game.

This building is listed as 'stone barn' in the more recent Warhammer Townscape project.  Like the previous cottage it is constructed from card.
I scribed a wooden texture on the planks.  It was an experiment as I wasn't sure it would show after painting.  The main body of the building has a render of filler.

The planked roof was considerably quicker to make than the previous tiled one.

The colours were based on the card original from Orc's Drift.

This view of the wooden extension shows how well the wooden texture worked.

I am getting close to the end of my initial League of Rhordia force.  I fully intend to expand it, but I'd like to try it on the tabletop before making more choices.
The following are a combination of odd previously painted minis (the ones with the paint flaking off the lances for instance; the result of a drop just prior to basing) and a few I painted to bulk out to acceptable unit sizes.
Artillery and halfling sorcerer.  The artillery crew are a combination of (Essex) humans and halflings.  The sorcerer is one of the Essex halfling slingers with a staff replacing his sling and a much bigger hat made from green stuff.  The multi barreled cannon is one I made years ago as a Helblaster for my 15mm Empire army.

A second troop of knights to bulk the previous troop out into a regiment.

More knights...

and more still, so two regiments in total.

Finally some of the nine strips of fencing I have painted.  These will be especially useful when I make the settlements for Orc's Drift.

I've really enjoyed putting together the League force (although these last few seem to have taken ages to finish off), party because it has allowed me to get more use out of an existing army, which otherwise would be on its way out by now.

I recently received a small order from Essex to allow me to complete a couple more units and then the League is done (for now).  Since I have also got rid of quite a lot of 15mm recently, I think I'm just about even on the buying/painting/trading front, but I'll do a proper look before the end of the month.


6 comments:

  1. All looking great, very impressed with how the buildings are turning out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the final main building is currently being painted. It's the most complicated of the three.
      then I've just got the bridge, watchtower and ruins to make.
      Oh, and the outhouse, which of course plays an important part in the final battle at Orc's Drift.

      Delete
  2. Excellent, look forward to the re-fight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll book you for the elves then shall I?

      Delete
  3. These buildings look superb. I'm looking forward to seeing them grouped together on the tabletop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll get a game together some time soon then

      Delete