Sunday 16 October 2016

Orc Krudger

The first 'Orc tober' post, a Krudger I painted for a local painting competition.



The mini is the orc warlord from 'The Warlord of Galahir' expansion for Dungeon Saga; actually the resin collector's version.

The figure is very nice, and (confession time) the first resin miniature I have ever painted.  I wish now that I had got more of the resin specials for dungeon Saga.

I went for muted 'naturalistic' tones, and he is based on broken pillars to fit in with my Kings of War orc army.

Sadly he didn't win, though gaming group honour is preserved, as that category was won by T'Other One.


4 comments:

  1. Why, thankyurrverramuch! I was quite surprised at how much more crisp the detail is on the resin miniatures compared to the plastic ones (and they're good enough!).

    I like the paint job on this chap, good shade of red that contrasts nicely with his skin tone. Looking forward to trying to have him torn apart by my Zombies in a game of Kings of war sometime soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hoping I haven't set a precedent of your liche king beating my Krudger.
      Only one way to find out....FIGHT

      Delete
  2. He looks good to me and should lead the Orc forces well...until he get's shot by the elves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah, Why does no one just want to make friends with him?

      Delete