Tuesday 15 December 2015

So That's What It Is

Well a couple of you guessed, but no-one was quite right.
the white plasticard thing was a master for making my own cobble stone type bases.
I used Instant molding stuff to make a mold, then I pressed a base topped with greenstuff into the mold, producing the base.  The 3" square of the original allows me to choose different styles of flagstones.
I did a similar sort of thing for my earlier bases, but was never happy with them (partly because the original was based on a piece of model railway terrain, slightly modified).  the new master allows me more freedom, and I am happier with the result.
 
Painted 40mm bases for the West Wind yeti I got last weekend.  They will see use as trolls in Frostgrave, and maybe make the odd appearance in D&D as well.
A better view of two of the yeti.  They are not quite ready, I need to add some highlight to the skin, I was thinking of the dark grey skin you see on some of the larger apes.
And the other two.  I like the smaller one on the right, he (or she) could be a juvenile.


I also assembled the five Enforcers, ready for a trial game of the new Deadzone Redux.
Despite knowing that the legs are specific to individual torsos, I clipped everything out without looking; hence two of the figures are resting their feet on sprue rubble.  
These are the hard plastic Enforcers funded with the DZ1 kickstarter and are a huge improvement on the original Restic ones.  I'm sure they will all look the same when painted, but they were easier to clean up and put together.  They also included an energy gauntlet for the captain/sergeant, something that was missing from the earlier models (still no missile launcher though)

Quick note on photography.  I am still struggling to take decent pics, the colour on these is too blue/grey, in real life the minis are much warmer looking.
One project for over Christmas might have to be making a light box.


1 comment:

  1. Those bases work really well :)I'll be interested to see how you get on with a lightbox.

    ReplyDelete