Thursday 10 September 2015

Wizard Statue

While I wait for some undercoat for Crooknose and his palls, here's a little bit of Frostgrave for you.

I found this at the local second hand market the other day and thought it wold be great as a Frostgrave statue.  For only 50p its worth experimenting.  The broken hand isn't  a problem, I'm sure a statue wouldn't survive unscathed, in fact I may add a bit more weathering before I paint it.



I have made a plinth out of pink foam, I just need to find some MDF for a base then pin everything in place and get painting.

I have also been experimenting with carving stonework on pink foam to see how effective it is for ruined walls.  I like my fold flat stuff, but I would like something a bit more bulky for home use as well.  Still not sure how well I like it, but I will post some results on here when I have got a bit further on.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing that stonework :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be going all out on snow textures as I want the terrain to be as multi use as possible. The stonework is inspired by some old G.W. LotR terrain, Arnor I think.
    Still not quite there with it yet though, so you will have to wait for pictures until I have something I am really happy with.

    ReplyDelete