... and thought 'pipelines'.
Now there are already some very nice pipes in the Industrial stuff, but at only 50p a pack I had to give them a go.
My main worry was that the bends and joins would be too soft to take paint properly, so I gave everything a light rub down with a wire brush before washing well in warm soapy water.
I cut the two longer pipes down slightly so that the whole structure would fit within 2 cubes. The straws cut easily, just score round with a razor saw, then they snap cleanly.
Then I undercoated with Rust-oleum Surface primer, which promises 'superior adhesion'.
This is just a simple gunmetal and black colour scheme to see how they look.
And with some Pathfinders for scale.
I think they do the job, and I will be using more, some on the outside of buildings and others as ground structures like this. I will be on the look out for something to use as a valve, as I think a big wheel on the 'T' junction above would be great. I might even build some chemical storage tanks and have pipes like this connecting them, or running down into the ground.