Wednesday 11 January 2017

Planning The Future

So, not a lot from me recently, well I've been busy, vanquishing personal demons and generally sorting stuff out.
I have looked back at this blog and it seems to me the first year was much better than the second.  If I am to continue I want to go back to that style.  that said, if there's anyone out there that particularly wants to see anything, please leave a comment.

Games wise I received Warpath just in time for Christmas (or a week early for Hogswatch).  I've played quite a bit of Deadzone, and loved the new version, and more D&D.

last year's monthly themes didn't work too well.  The idea was good, but a month didn;t give me long enough to really finish a project, and other stuff kept on popping up ( I need a complete new set of Dungeon tiles for Monday, help).  This year I am going to try and 'chunk' new projects, and also plan when I do stuff.  First up is finish off a couple of DZ forces.
I have a few Enforces in various stages of completeness, but I want a good sized force to play through the Nexus Psi campaign.  I am playing against T'Other One (well, there are zombies...) and he royally trashed me in the first game.  It's a difficult game for the Enforcers I feel, but I'll get my revenge in the second game.
I have also got a fair few Rebs painted.  They were always the force that appealed most to me, but in first edition they were very hard to play well.  They are much better in the new edition, and I have worked out a short narrative campaign for them against Merlin's Enforcers.  I have enough painted up, but I'd like to finish them, as there are some options I haven't covered.  I'll get pics of them up soon.
The final DZ target is terrain.  I've built a bit more, including a landing pad, very useful, if a bit big on a DZ mat.  Now I need to get some paint on them, or convince everyone that they come in grey.

1 comment:

  1. When I'm back from Amsterdam we'll have to get a date pencilled in for that second Nexus Psi scenario and also that 'wot I does to paint my Deadzone scenery' session you mentioned?

    Let's see photos of all your Rebs strike team on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete