Monday 31 October 2016

Ideal Halloween plus more from the garden

With perfect timing Mantic's The Walking Dead: All Out War arrived today.
I've tried the playtest version already and enjoyed it, so I am looking forward to playing the full version.
Nice box art



Plenty of minis. this is the Kickstarter edition, so includes quite a bit more, I especially like the Walker Ronnie figure.

The components are good, and the resin crashed cars are extra fun.

A little while ago I showed an in game shot of my latest modelling, some less than peaceful plants for D&D games.  Here are some better shots, including the Ambush Vines T'Otherone mentioned.  All are made using DM Scotty's techniques.  They were fun to build, and looked good on table.

Two hungry Ambush Vines

Two (hopefully) less vicious plants.

Next time I'll show you some more of my crafting to demonstrate what an amusing fellow I can be, and I'll get some comparative shots of the Walking Dead and Conan minis.

5 comments:

  1. Conan vs The Walking Dead? Now theye's a crossover! Still loving the Ambush Vines :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks re the vines.
      Conan seemed to spend a lot of his time fighting various undead, in the comics at least, so maybe....

      Delete
  2. The plants do look good. You have an awful lot of painting to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as always.
      Is it true that you can't die if you have unpainted figures?

      Delete
  3. This was really good, thank you! I've linked your work in our article about the set: The Walking Dead: All Out War Miniatures Game Core Set - Kickstarter Edition

    ReplyDelete