Tuesday 15 September 2015

Goblin Sharpsticks 4; Greenskins

Here's Crooknose with the first bit of basecoat on him.  I usually start with the skin and work outwards.




The skin is GWs Knarloc Green.  I do like these paints and its a shame they are out of production.  I haven't much experience with the new GW colours, but these were great.

The skin was simple to paint, but I did have a few issues with deciding what to paint.  In the end I painted all the right hands, but one of the arms is wearing what appears to be a cuff which I first thought might be a glove; however, the fingers have clear nails (or claws?) so I decided it must be some loose fabric decoration.  The other arm has a bracer type thing, again with the actual hand exposed.

The actual green colour is somewhat darker than the pictures show, my hobby light tends to make things look lighter.

I always try and look over a batch of figures when I finish a stage.  I often find I have missed something; in this case there are bits of leg showing on some of teh bodies, and some of the feet have toes exposed.

Next coat will be the armour and other assorted metals.


No comments:

Post a Comment