Friday 17 July 2015

Frostgrave

I mentioned this game a while back, well it has just arrived.  By pre-ordering I got lots of free goodies; a couple of armoured figures and several treasure tokens as well as the book, a box of the plastic Frostgrave soldiers and a wizard and apprentice.


I have only skimmed through the book for now, but it seems a simple enough system.  The aim of the game is to take your wizard and apprentice, accompanied by various soldiers and hirelings, into the recently thawed city of Frostgrave.  There you search for treasures to increase the level (power) of your wizard, and fight off other wizards trying to do the same.  

There are some nice touches, such as the apprentice wizard advancing as the main wizard does.  
The plastic soldiers are great, lots of weapon variants and equipment.  I am a bit puzzled by some of the extras as I haven't yet found how they work in game.  But they are lovely to have, and I can see them being used a lot in D&D.

Over the next few weeks I will be putting together a Frostgrave band, probably initially for D&D prepainted minis, just so I can have a game.  Expect progress reports on here in and among my other projects.

Frostgrave is available from North Star

2 comments: