Wednesday 29 July 2015

Frostgrave 2: Enter the Wizard

Taking a mini break from my Kingdom and Empire project to look more at Frostgrave.

One of the things I like about the game is that I can easily put together the figures I need from my existing collection of D&D minis.

My first warband is made up entirely from D&D pre paints; the random selection minis that Wizards of the Coast used to sell.

I haven't thought of names yet, and as I have yet to play I don't know if this is a sensible selection for a warband, only time will tell.

The minis will do 'as is', but I will probably touch up the paintwork (the thug in the middle of the front rank has already been repainted and based), which could be distinctly dodgy at times.  I would also like to include some sort of emblem,or at least a unifying spot colour, to tie them in as a group.
the items at the front are the six treasure tokens that came with the backer's version of the game, they should be easy to paint.

3 comments:

  1. That is a good looking warband. I have made two warbands, one that I have painted and one from DnD minis. It is worth giving them names, it adds to the game when you refer to your warband by name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those treasure tokens will make good objective markers for Kings of War :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed they will, in fact when I played a wargame recently against another Frostgrave player we used his nicely painted treasure tokens as objectives.

    I could also use them as treasure in D&D, but I so rarely had any out that there would be little point ;)

    ReplyDelete