Friday 24 April 2015

Goblins in the Woods

The goblins are finished!!
Actually on the table top they probably would be, but i rather like the little critters.  They remind me of some of Brian Froud's work.




Unit basing means I can get away with only having 15 goblins on here to represent a regiment of 20.  Kings of War doesn't have casualty removal; damage points are recorded, but the regiment fights at full strength until wavered or routed.

I'll put details of my painting method up next time I do some goblins.  In the meantime I am building a regiment of Fleabag Riders.  These are made form Mantic's infamous Restic, an unholy hybrid of resin and plastic.  

Its not really that bad, but the pieces are fiddly; not helped by my desire to alter some of them to make command figures.  As with most things in life, there is a technique to be learned, then they don't seem too bad at all, and when built they are lovely minis.


4 comments:

  1. I love those Chris, great work, like the basing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words.
    Its surprising how full the base looks with just 15 goblins and those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good - suitably ragtag. Must have taken you ages to remove the integral discs from the Gobbos' feet? Well worth it though - good effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I started my orc army I kept the integral bases and simply glued them onto the unit bases. I tried to camouflage the edges with textured filler, but the result isn't brilliant.
    With this new army I wanted to do things better, so i clipped round the feet and then carved away so that just the feet were left. The plastic is fairly soft so it wan't too much trouble, and the feet were a little 'flat' on some of the models, so I was able to bulk them out a bit.
    Next time I start a unit I will show a step by step guide.

    ReplyDelete