Thursday 5 March 2015

The Caverns of the Snake People 2

I got a fair few more of the heroic Maps cave sections completed for the D&D group.  Here is what they look like in action.
The temple of the Serpent Folk

Note, it was sunny for a change, the actual tiles look quite a bit darker in real life.

The raised section in the main cave is a layer of cardboard thicker.  In game this represents 10 foot of height (2 squares).  I could have done similar with the steps leading up, but the individual steps were too narrow to support a mini, so there seemed little point.
The party defeated the Serpent Folk here, ending a long encounter.  They have explored further (looking for the wizard's captured father), and are just about to encounter more creatures in another section with different tiles.

I am very pleased with the results of the tile making, the players enjoyed them too.  I will certainly continue to use them for this adventure; in the future, who knows.  i have yet to build any of the Fat Dragon cave pieces.

If you want to see more of this let me  know in the comments section.  I might also do close ups of the party of adventurers.

2 comments:

  1. They are looking really good, but i also understand your comment about steps. Difficult to do to scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed :)
    The whole 2.5D process is an exercise in forced vertical scale reduction. As long as it is clear what is what (and where) then I am happy with the process.
    At the moment I am only bothered about showing the different levels if that is likely to be significant in play, so for instance if a ledge requires a climb roll ot reach, or provides a safe(ish) perch for snipers.
    I have found that the more I show different terrain features, the more the players will use them.

    ReplyDelete