Tuesday 10 March 2015

Nine Down, Lots To Go

And a bit of a wash and a highlight later....
All nine Shambling Dead skeletons.





Which reminds me, I should look at making some sort of backdrop, possibly a light box too, if I am going to post decent photos on here.

Overall I am pretty pleased with these.  Between them they make a good encounter, and I can see an low level 5th ed adventure featuring a crypt or similar.

They were pretty easy to paint too.  I am not aiming for award winning paint jobs, just something to put on the table.  I may add a green glow in the eye sockets at some point, and I am not sure yet if I should varnish them.
Not sure what next, I want to do more to Barsoom, I have both Dreadball and Deadzone teams/factions to paint and a Kings of War project to complete before Easter's battle with Merlin. Some card terrain for D&D might be needed too, so no chance of getting bored then....

2 comments:

  1. Very nice skellies, they have an old school RPG feel/look to them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That's pretty much what I was aiming for.
    I am hoping to build up a reasonable collection of D&D monsters. I have loads of the old WotC prepainted minis, but they are of variable quality. I have already painted some of the Bones kobolds and goblins from the last kickstarter, Bones 2 included a shaman type and a chieftain for both, so they might be next D&D wise.

    ReplyDelete