Thursday 29 January 2015

Barsoom: part 1
This is my new project for the new year.  I blame my good friend and gaming buddy 'Merlin' who watched the film (I know!) and decided that we could rescue something from it gaming wise.
The aim is to play a few small scale actions using a version of GWs Strategy Battle Game system. The minis will be Black Hat from their Martian Empires 18mm range, plus anything else we see that seems to fit.
I have begun by working on some terrain, including a board.  Using 2cm = 1 inch in the original rules I came up with a standard board of 96cm square to equate to the normal 4ft square gaming area. Rounding up to 1m square I have a board of 4mm MDF fastened to a timber frame to prevent warping.  The whole lot is textured and awaiting paint.
The surface of Mars, either awaiting paint, or covered in snow.

Close up of the texture.
I followed some of the Terrain Tutor's guides for texture using filler (spackle).  
So far I like the result.

2 comments:

  1. Love the effect you've achieved using this technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I plan on finding a way of using it for mini bases as well.

    ReplyDelete